Social Security Disability Benefits: A Financial Lifeline For Those Who Can’t Work
A disability, whether physical or mental, can impact your life in countless ways. If you can’t work because of a disability, you might qualify for financial benefits through the Social Security Administration. Our lawyers at Cabranes Durkin & Longdin can help you get the benefits you deserve.
Based in the state of Wisconsin, we are committed to making a difference. We know how challenging it is to navigate life with a disability. Financial struggles make it all the more difficult. Our goal is to lift your financial burdens by getting you the benefits you deserve.
Types Of Social Security Disability Benefits
There are two main types of disability benefits:
- Social Security Disability, also called SSD/SSDI, is available for those who have enough work history. To qualify, you must demonstrate that you have a long-term disability that prevents you from working.
- Supplemental Security Income, also called SSI, is available for those with disabilities whose income and assets are below certain levels. You don’t need a work history to qualify.
We can determine which benefits you qualify for.
The SSD/SSI Process
Getting benefits isn’t always easy. You will have to submit a detailed application with the Social Security Administration. Many people get denied at this stage, particularly if they don’t have adequate medical evidence of their disability. We can help you submit a strong application from the start.
If you’ve already been denied, you may have multiple opportunities to appeal, including:
- A request for reconsideration
- A hearing before an administrative law judge
- Review by the Appeals Council
- An appeal to federal court
There are strict deadlines for appeals. You don’t want to squander those opportunities. Talk with our team about how we can help you get your case turned around.
Free Consultation And No Fees Unless We’re Successful
Don’t let financial worries hold you back from getting a lawyer. We offer free consultations so you can decide if we’re a good fit. If so, you won’t have to pay us anything out of pocket. Our fees are capped by law, and we only get paid if we get you benefits.
Call 262-439-0439 to reach us. With offices that cover the four corners of the state of Wisconsin – Racine, Ladysmith, Madison and Milwaukee – we never forget who we work for.
Se habla español.