Supporting Our Clients With Dignity And Respect
Thomas W. Durkin
- Personal Injury
- Social Security Disability/SSI
- Workers' Compensation
Tom has been helping people for over 25 years in the areas of social security disability/ssi, personal injury, and work-related injuries. He has helped thousands of people with their legal cases. He has handled well over 1,000 disability/ssi hearings, hundreds of worker’s compensation hearings, and several jury trials. He has argued cases in Federal Court in the Eastern District of Wisconsin and had cases in the Wisconsin Supreme Court. To say he has extensive experience is an understatement.
But it is not only that, he is always very well prepared and treats your case with compassion, understanding and competent representation, with leads to highly successful results. He will always be in your corner, be your voice, and fight to get you everything that you deserve.
He has published guides to understanding social security disability/ssi and children’s ssi cases. He is on several national organizations for social security disability. In fact, he helped re-write the rules for the Eastern District of Wisconsin for social security disability cases. He has been recognized as an elite lawyer for his work in social security disability. He has also been recognized as one of the national top 100 trial lawyers.
He is very active in community organizations that help people. He has served as a City Planning Commissioner in Racine, been on the Board of Directors for the Health Care Network, the ARC of Racine County, and a member of Rotary.
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana
- J.D. - 1994
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin
- Wisconsin, 1994
- Racine County Bar Association
- Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives
- Social Security Disability Working Group Committee for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Author of A "Guide to Understanding Social Security Disability / Supplemental Security Income"
- Author of "A Guide to Understanding Childhood Supplemental Security Income"
- Racine City Plan Commission, Member
- ARC - Board of Directors
- Becker | French | Durkin, 2000 to 2019
- Capwell and Berthelsen, 1995 to 2000
- Dane County, Wisconsin, Judicial Clerk, 1994 to 1995